Monday, January 30, 2006

Burned Again

I tried posting a beautiful photo log of That Day on Siyeh Pass about 500,783 times today (as friends who have an RSS feed and got pinged every time I posted corrections will attest). I failed miserably (and wasted several hours of time I do not really have to squander).

That post I had earlier about new technology? Well the interface for this blog service qualifies. It is supposed to be WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get). They lie. They lie about compose mode and they lie about preview mode. Compose mode, preview mode and published forms ARE ALL DIFFERENT. And I was naive enough to think that if I got it right by trial and error in publish mode I would be done and it would be pretty. Hah! I changed browsers (I keep IE and Netscape around for just such checking) and it looked like crap, crap, crap!

The great and brilliant Jonathan (from an earlier post--and sadly the one who gets RSS pinged) suggested I get a pc-based client for posting. I think he is just tired of his computer chirping whenever I do something stupid. He also said I have a posting sickness and should consider counseling/medication/institutionalization. I don't blame him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A real geek wouldn't even be using a "service". You'd be running the whole server yourself and bending it to your will!

:-)

-Julian

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear.

You've been bitten by the bug...

If you were on LJ, Bridget could explain how to post photos, but we don't do Blogger...although you can find her on here as Forestcats...