Monday, May 18, 2020

Summer cut


Some might (would) sneer. Some (like his breeder) would probably disapprove. But I was tired of the snarls, and the burrs, and the drool, and the caked-on food under the chin and tonight I took action: For the first time in six years, Gallifrey got an actual hair cut. This wasn't some brushing and light stripping, oh no. This was an all-out, grab-the-trimmer-and-whack-away job. And I don't care if Dave thinks he looks like a hobo werewolf, I think he's handsome. He's certainly more pleasant to pet, and I have to imagine he also feels better. Okay, so I missed a few spots (and there is one rather sizable bald spot). But have you ever had to hold onto a 185-lb dog with one hand while trying to give him a haircut with the trimmer with the other hand?





Too bad I didn't think to get a before picture!

1 comment:

Bill said...

Corvette, our Australian Shepherd, gets a summer cut, sometimes even in winter around here.